Saturday, December 28, 2013

Tattoos!!

I've been meaning to blog about this for about a month now, but I have a new tattoo on the back of my neck! And I'm completely in love with it.

(I don't have a  healed picture, this was taken about an hour after it was done, so it's still a little red here.)
I've forever thought of myself as a tattoo person without the tattoo part. I have this image in my head of me at book signings sometime in the future with my crazy colored highlights and arms covered in tattoos. I'm not entirely sure I'm capable of pulling something like that off, but hey, it's fun to pretend you're badass every once in a while.

And by the way, tattoo addiction is a real thing. I didn't even have the bandage on this one and I was already planning my next one with my artist. He's AMAZING, and immediately jumped into planning it with me. Now all I need is another $200 and I'm going back under the needle.

Oh, and before you ask. Yes, it hurt. But not as much as you'd think. Sort of wince inducing, like a bee stinging you over and over for a half hour and then you get kind of numb to it, and the worst part is sitting there bored for the duration.

My nifty new owl took three and a half hours (with my chin to my chest, which resulted in the worst neck ache of my LIFE!!)

Do you have any? Do you love tattoos, or hate them? Do you imagine a whole generation of tatted up elderlies like I do? (Seriously, our nursing homes will be so interesting in 50 years!)

Toodles!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Megan, that is awesome! And I'm not just saying that. I love tattoos, when done well, of course, and your owl looks amazing. The detail is really nice. How brave of you! I've always wanted a tattoo, but have never pulled the trigger.

    Does the owl have a special meaning in your life? Or did you just fancy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ron! I actually had another tattoo under it that I didn't like. It was done by someone not very good when I was 19, so I chose the owl because 1. I really like nature tattoos (I think they're something I'll consider really stunning even when I'm 80) and 2. Because it would cover the old one really well. I'm really happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I think that owl is your muse.

    She's going to bring you writing wisdom in 2014!

    ReplyDelete