Monday, April 22, 2013

New Blog Design!

I was bored, my novel needed a rewrite on the ending, and I was doing literally everything but that. Including, but not limited to:

  • Watching my 9 month old sway back and forth in her swing
  • Calculating the calories in homemade pizza with crust made from greek yogurt (210 calories a slice, by the way)
  • Looking up Reese Witherspoon's mug shot
  • Sticking and unsticking post-it notes around my computer screen like a wreath
  • Throwing a tennis ball for my dog
  • Tickle fights with a 4 year old
  • Refreshing my email a thousand times (I wasn't even expecting anything)
  • Measuring my wrist size (5 3/4 inches)
  • Practicing my signature, you know, for when I'm famous?
And apparently scrapping my whole blog design and starting from scratch!

What do you think? I've been on a real grey/yellow or grey/orange kick lately. We live in base housing so you have to get paint colors approved, and I was even thinking about taking some orange down to the housing office and seeing what they say because a grey and orange basement would be pretty cool.

I'm more prone to run-on sentences when I'm procrastinating.

Anyhoo, how do you like the new look?

Toodles,

Megan.



5 comments:

  1. I like it very much. Loving the font. Did you use this font before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, last time the posts were a pretty normal font, like Georgia, and the blog title was something curly. This one is all new. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love it! I'm a huge fan of grey with brighter colors. A grey and orange basement sounds delightful! Hope they approve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Megan! New follower here. :) I don't know what your blog looked like before, but I love the current look! How is rewriting the ending of your story going? I'm currently in the middle of ripping apart my story, and it's tough to just get down to it. Hope yours is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually going alright. I was able to cut and paste the parts I loved from the original ending into my new draft so I just have to fill in the pieces now! Thanks for asking. I know how irritating revising can be so I really hope you come out the other side with something you're proud of! Good luck!

      Delete