Friday, April 5, 2013

Editing Sucks. There, I Said It...

I have so many notes. They're scribbled on post-its, index cards, and little pieces of paper. I've got scraps of dialogue that may or may not get into my draft, I've got ideas to cut down my word count, and ways to make characters more interesting.

(And this is the cleanest it's been all week.)

Pretty soon my desk is going to revolt and run off to avoid all the litter. And to tell you the truth, I wouldn't blame it at all. I'm about to do the same thing.

It's really going to stink if all this work doesn't make this draft any better than the last one.


Sincerely,

Tired of Editing

1 comment:

  1. Editing isn't exactly the most fun, but I do love digging deeper into a story. I have a theory that every draft can't get any worse. Each time you rewrite, you're digging up more and more layers to the story - something I think is pretty important. And fun. . . (don't make fun of me!) ;) Either way, good luck!

    ReplyDelete