Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNo Update, Day 5

Admittedly I'm a little bit of an overachiever. I started doing Nano in 2012 and I hit 50,000 words in 12 days, and when that wasn't challenging enough I went for 100,000. The end result was terrible. TERRIBLE. Last year I was moving 2 states over at the first of November but I still tried to keep it together. I gave up halfway through the month with 22,000.

So this year I decided a happy medium would be best. As long as I had the bottom of the barrel 1,667 everyday I'd call it good. Who was I kidding. My average right now is closer to 3,000 a day, but I think that has something to do with frantically typing when my 3 month old happens to fall asleep in her bouncer or while my 4 year old is eating lunch so I know he's not getting into anything while I'm distracted.

I'm calling the extra my "room to get preoccupied." You know, for when life happens. It's also a little of my story sucking me in, and resurfacing to find its 1am.


November 5th- 14,988 words.

Where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment