Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tagged, Tagged, Tagged, and Awarded!

Ok, so I've been really lazy. I've been tagged several times for several different things, and never actually got around to answering any of the questions, which makes my two new awards feel a little unearned.

So this is me earning them!

First of all, a big thank you to Alyssa for the awards! I think I'll dive into this first. So I've got to do the usual thing, answer the questions, pass it on, repeat.

First up is the Sunshine award!

Favorite color: Yellow
Favorite animal: Hummingbird
Favorite number: 11
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Lately? Fruit punch, but then again, I'm almost 5 months pregnant and I usually hate fruit punch, so lets blame that on the baby shall we? Normally, its strawberry lemonade. :-)
Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
My passion: Writing. I never really understood passion until I started writing.
Getting or giving presents: Giving! I love thinking of just the perfect gift.
Favorite pattern: Pattern? I guess polka dots. I wanted to put them on my car, but my husband pointed out that polka dots on a brand new Kia probably wasn't the best idea.
Favorite day of the week: Thursday. I'm a Vampire Diaries addict.
Favorite flower: Lilies.

Alrighty, next up is the Kreative Blogger award!

This one requires seven interesting things about myself:

1. I've lived on both the east coast and the west coast
2. I got bit in the face by a dog when I was a baby
3. I'm addicted to the sour mix Jelly Belly jellybeans
4. I met my husband in high school
5. I can not for the life of me drive a stick shift
6. I'm scared of the ocean (Jaws did me in,)
7. I think Lake Placid is the funniest movie ever.


So there you go. That's it for the award questions, now all that's left are my 10 nominations! (And these are ten people who I believe deserve both because they're awesome!)

Madeline Jane

Leigh Ann
Sommer Leigh

Lena
Sarah Perry
S. L. Hennessey
Cristina Dos Santos
Lyla Lee
Melissa Hurst

Now, as for the tagging... here's a bit of a problem. You see, I was tagged about ten times, and it seemed like every one had different questions! So I'm just going to list them all. Feel free to skip to the bottom, this could get boring... or possibly a little embarrassing (I'm a tad bit sleep deprived at the moment, so I might read over this tomorrow and think "What the &>$% was I thinking?")

You have been warned.

1. If you had one week left to live, what would you do?
Wrack up a ton of debt trying to get my skydivers license as quickly as I could. The powers that be frown on skydiving while you're carrying a little melon in your belly otherwise I'd be up there right now. But, babies come first, so I'll just have to wait until August. :-)

2.What quote inspires you?
"Write the book you most desperately want to read." I know who said it, but I can't remember exactly at the moment.... I guess you could Google it.

3. What movie scene inspires you?
Anything that makes me feel what I imagine the characters on screen would feel. The one that first comes to mind is that scene in the rain in The Notebook, when Allie finds out that Noah wrote to her every day. But then again, I'm a sucker for Nicholas Sparks.

4. What comedy do you end up watching again and again as the years go by?
The Love Guru! Cracks me up! "Like I say in my book 'Stop hitting yourself, Stop hitting yourself, Why are you still hitting yourself'" Lol.

5. Do you think love can last forever?
And ever and ever and ever.

6. What fictional character would you trade lives with if you could?
Hmmm, well there's Frannie from Personal Demons. It would be cool to Judo kick a demon. Or lets see... Clary from The Mortal Instruments, Alice from Twilight (because seeing the future is just AWESOME) or Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice. You just can't pass up Mr. Darcy.

7. What historical character would you marry if you had to choose someone?
Ummmm..... I have no idea. For some reason the only historical person I can think of is Abraham Lincoln, and that beard... blech...

8. Which do you prefer coffee, hot cocoa, soda, vegetable juice, or water?
Hot cocoa! With a candy cane stirring stick. :-)

9. How long would it take you to drive to the beach from where you live?
Unfortunately, about 14 hours.

10. What are you currently reading?
Original Sin, by Lisa Desrochers

11. If you choose an answer to this question at random, what is the chance you will be correct
a. 25% There are only 4 options. :-)
b.50%
c. 60%
d. 20%

Tag number 2

1.What two characters would you like to see battle each other?
How about Damon Salvatore (Vampire Diaries), and Luc Cain (Personal Demons) -but before Luc stopped being a demon. That would be pretty cool to see.

2. Who is your greatest inspiration?
Each and every author that makes me feel unworthy. I'll get there someday.

3. If you could change places with any book character, who would it be and why?
Already answered this one. I think I'm going to have to go with Elizabeth Bennet though (Of course I mean the one from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Everything is cooler with a katana sword. lol)

4. Sum up your current WIP in one sentence.
On the way to visit her father a girl gets sucked onto the wrong train and ends up in a twisted, alternate place that's been kidnapping people for centuries and torturing them with their worst nightmares.

5. Are you a plot-driven writer or a character-driven writer?
It depends on the story, and what pops into my brain first. If I'm inspired by an idea for a character, then the story that unravels is very character driven, but if its the plot that presents itself first, that's what drives me.

6. What is your biggest fear?
That someone will drop me in the middle of the ocean and I'll be devoured by sharks, or giant squids, or a whale or something. There's just too much under you that you can't see until you're swallowed alive.

7. When you walk into a book store where do you go first?
The YA section. Every time.

8. Cats or dogs?
Dogs, totally a dog person. Cats scratch me.

9. You've just been placed in the Witness Protection Program what's your alias?
Megan Belly, the sudden, inexplicable heiress to the Jelly Belly fortune and-more importantly- secret recipes. ;-)

10. Would you rather live in outer space or under the sea? Why?
Under the sea, as long as there was very thick glass between me and the creepy ocean crawlies. And the sea, because the idea of being in space sort of creeps me out. I mean, you get stuck in the wrong chamber and your brains get sucked out of your nose.

11. If you HAD to lose one of your senses which one would you choose to live without?
Smell. There are enough bad smells in this world I'd be OK living without.

And another one...

1.Dessert or main dish?
Dessert, all the way

2. Coffee or tea?
Tea please

3. Biggest pet peeve.
When the person behind you at the checkout line stands so close to you that they're breathing on your neck.

4. Who inspires you?
Anyone who writes better than me... so A LOT of people lol.

5. If you could speak a (another) foreign language which would it be?
Italian. Sarebbe incredibile

6. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Ah, I'm more of a Stargate fan myself. Sorry Spock.

7. The best gift you ever received.
I don't know if this is the best gift, but it's certainly the coolest! My husband got me throwing knives for Christmas. Ha! I'm going to kill myself before I learn to throw them right, but by God I'll have a skill when its time for the zombie apocalypse!

8. If you could go back and relive your high school years, would you?
Knowing what I know now? Sure! I'd rule that place. Lol

9. A book you wish Hollywood had left alone.
Twilight.

10. Strangest thing you've ever written in a note (e.g., random pieces of paper, your hand...etc)
Ummm... I have no idea. Knowing me, it was pretty good though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

11.PC or MAC?
Mac! RIP Steve Jobs and your turtlenecks.

And another... (yawn!)

1. What’s your favorite book genre? YA

2. Are there any beloved books that you don’t really enjoy? Harry Potter. I've tried and tried to get into them, but I think I have a problem reading the early ones when he's so young, and I can't seem to get through them to the older ones! Frustrating.

3. What was your favorite class in school? English

4. Do you write under a pseudonym or use your real name? I think I'll use a pseudonym. I just want my writing life to be a separate thing from my personal life.

5. Do you prefer reading first person or third person? First.

6. An old question, but e-books or paper? Both. I always buy both if I have the money. If I'm strapped, then paper.

7. You’re stranded on an island that has plenty of food and water, but no electricity or way to contact the outside world. But you have one object of your choice with you. What is it? Umm Pride and Prejudice. That thing could keep me occupied until help arrived lol. I've read that way to many times...

8. Which do you like more, Facebook or Twitter? Again, Facebook.

9. Coffee or tea? Again, Tea

10. Pick one word to describe yourself with. Nutballs. No, Crazybeans.

11. If you had one wish, what would it be? (PS: no fair wishing for more wishes) That I could get my stories down on paper the way they are in my head.

Couple more...

1. You're on a deserted island for six months with one person ~ who would it be and why? My husband, because when I freaked out and started talking to a coconut I know he loves me enough to shake me and snap me the hell out of it lol.

2. You were caught in a meteor shower which left you with strange abilities. Now every time you eat chocolate, you can ... what? FLY!!!

3. A friend takes you to an abandoned castle that has been hidden for centuries. She heard a rumor that great treasure was hidden in the sixth tower. Would you venture inside or turn it over to the authorities to investigate? What would you find? Um, I'm not a fan of the creepy castle, so I'd probably pay someone else to go in for me. I'm a chicken like that though, willing to exploit the thrill seekers of the world so I don't have to face the creepy crawlies in the shadows. :-)

4. You can only drink one type of beverage for the next year - what would it be and why? Fruit punch. (We've already been over this)

5. Have you ever had to face a fear of yours? What was it and how did you overcome it, if you did? I face my fears every time a spider is rude enough to attack when my husband is at work.

6. Have you enjoyed certain ages in your life more than others? What is your ideal age and why? Well I'm only 22, so my options are a little limited, but I'll go with 17. It's the year I met my husband, and I didnt have to worry about bills.

7. Has anyone totally amazed you in life? Who and why? Yes, my son amazes me every day.

8. Have you ever written in a character in a story patterned after a real person ~ out of spite, because that person ticked you off? Oh yes. Sometimes, when I meet someone who is just extremely unpleasant, I'll rewrite my villain to match them. Take that!

9. Do any of your characters make you totally crazy because they have a mind of their own and take you places you hadn't planned on? ALL THE TIME.

10. What is your most favorite phrase/paragraph that you have written? Can you share it?
I could, but I won't. ;-) Not yet anyway. (It's a spoiler)

11. If you could sit down and talk shop with any writer from any time period - who would it be and why? Easy. Lisa Desrochers. She writes whatever she wants to, sex, swearing, religion, whatever, and doesn't apologize for any of it.

One more!

Do you use Word Verification and why? (Better check first)
I know it says check, but I'm too tired. You tell me, do I use word verification?

When visiting a Blog what bothers you most about the format?
When I'm trying to follow them and I cant find the damn button!

Do you have your email address listed on your profile, if not, why?
Yup! I want people to be able to contact me if they want to. :-)

How often do you post?
Whenever the heck I remember. I swear, I'm worse than an 80 year old woman. I'd forget to breathe if it wasn't involuntary.

Are you on Facebook or Google plus?
Facebook.

How often do you check your stats?
Rarely. My stats don't matter to me so much as the comments.

What influences what you write about?
Dreams, people in my real life, other books and what they make me think about.

What is the most important thing that happened to you last year?
My husband went into the military.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
Ireland. Hands down. I'd like to go find my distant family over there (the ones that didn't bail when the whole potato thing went down) and scare the crap out of them with my crazy American manners and unwillingness to eat things stuffed in animal stomachs.

If you could talk to a dead person about writing, who would that be?
Jane Austen. I'd love to ask her how she balances out a character so well that you both love and hate them at the same time. Genius.

Whats one thing in the grocery store do you always want to buy?
Bread. I'm always buying bread.

OK! Done. I have officially fulfilled my tag and award obligations! So I would really appreciate it if nobody tagged me for a few days! I need a break!

Just kidding. OH and HAPPY LEAP DAY! See you again in 4 years. ;-)

Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I've always wanted to go to Ireland too! So sweet that you picked the year you met your husband as your favorite....awwwwww. <3

    Thank you so much for the award! I'm honored. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so excited! Thank you so much for the award!! And Ireland is wonderful! I'm Irish too (with a last name like Hennessy, what else could I be), and it was SOOO cool to see where I'm from. Oh, and Lake Placid...one of my ALL TIME favorites. Funniest movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa girl! that was a whole lot of questions! you rock. and thank you for the award! I'm terrible at actually posting them on my blog... I have a couple I haven't gotten to yet, I'll do what you did and do them all at once. Hopefully. Eventually.

    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and yeah. you do have word verification LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Megan! I tagged you in a meme. Give it a shot if you want to.

    ReplyDelete