Thursday, September 1, 2011

WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT A CONTEST?

(How's that for a title that grabs your attention?)

Ok guys, as usual I'm going to do things a little different. Sorry, can't help it.

I've got an extra copy of a really great book. I mean, really, really great. And I'm thinking of giving it away...

Are you listening??

It's called My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares (The author of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and it's amazing.

This would be my first ever giveaway- and trust me, there are many more to come- so I thought I'd test the waters a little bit. I have this image in my head of announcing this AMAZING contest and having two people enter, I mean where's the fun in that?


So here's the deal. If I get at least 25 comments on this post I'll announce the contest. If not, I'll give it a few months and try again. ;-) Simple as that.

Here's a little something to maybe spark your interest:


"I have lived more than a thousand years.
I have died countless times. I forget precisely how many times. My memory is an extraordinary thing, but it is not perfect.
I am human.
The early lives blur a bit. The arc of your soul follows the pattern of each of your lives. It is macrocosmic. There was my childhood. There have been many childhoods. And even in the early part of my soul I reached adulthood many times. These days, in every one of my infancies, the memory comes faster.
We go through the motions. We look oddly at the world around us.
We remember."


***********


In other (rather traumatic) news, a certain little boy of mine decided to sit down on an ant hill recently. Have any of you ever seen what ten million black ants looks like on a three year old? It's not pretty, let me tell you. He was screaming at the top of his lungs, shattering glass and cracking mirrors for miles.

Ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration. But the ants are not. I was shaking the little buggers off him for twenty minutes and I still found them in his hair and ears hours later.

I. Hate. Ants. Do you hear me little creepy crawlies? I hate you.





Ok fine, maybe you're not so bad...





Ok so to recap, 25 posts about the contest and its a go... and I hate ants.


Happy writing everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Well, let me be the first to add my name and say Yes! Do this contest!

    Ants...ack...argh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that description of the ants is STILL making my skin crawl. And the ants in that movie are totally different, because they're blue. End of story.

    The book sounds awesome. Hope we make it to the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That books sounds like a lot of fun. Ants aren't my favourite things. They found a way in our house a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the heebies thinking about that many ants on me *shutter*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this book but I like the title. Must go check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Nicole. So thanks for educating us and hopefully having the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor sweetie. Hopefully he won't remember. Good luck with the contest.

    Is there any way to tweet about it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, well you can tweet about it if you want but I'm not on Twitter. :-)

    I doubt he'll remember it. He doesn't even really seem to care about it now. Kids are resilient like that, which is funny, because I'm scarred for life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping you meet your requirement of 25. I'd love a chance to win! The excerpt/blurb was intriguing.
    We're in the same paranormal romance group (2) within the Campaign! I know, I'm a tad late in getting around to everyone, but I not only joined four groups...my first book published yesterday!!! Needless to say, it's been a busy week.
    I hope you'll stop by! I'm offering a free coupon for Smashwords this weekend to kick off my first novel's publication and in honor of my birthday! ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least they weren't fire ants!

    Don't put me in for the contest (I'm an audiobook listener), but I'm doing my part to get you to 25 comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it looks like I'm not going to make it to twenty-five, but I'll still announce the contest this week. :-) Enough people seemed interested, which was all I wanted. Thank you guys. :-)

    ReplyDelete