Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sharing Is Caring!

I am a firm believer in sharing things that are AWESOME. Of course, what's awesome to me might not be awesome to you.


Regardless!

The song that I can't stop singing...




The movie I'm watching over and over...








I know it's not THAT great of a movie, but I've watched it 12 times in the last week. I just can't pass up a movie where people break out into song and dance. Plus, Cam Gigandet is drool worthy... even in eyeliner. Lol.










Tahereh Mafi (who's debut novel Shatter Me releases in a couple months) wrote a really nice post about writing for your characters, and leaving behind that expectation of being "the next big thing." I especially loved the part where she said "be open to writing a book that will undoubtedly embarrass you in a few years."

:-)


This weekend Janet Reid is hosting a very cool contest, that you should definitely check out! You have to make a poem out of titles from books. I'll be posting mine here on Friday after I submit it. :-)



Elana Johnson just wrote her 800TH POST!! Two... no, three claps for Elana!



Lisa Desrochers is giving away first chapter and query critiques in celebration of her two year agent signing anniversary, and the birthday of her debut novel PERSONAL DEMONS, which is today by the way. :-)



And I'll leave you with the book I just finished reading:








I laughed out loud reading this.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."













Toodles!!

4 comments:

  1. Nuggets. My Body is going to be stuck in my head all day now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever watched a movie 12 times in one week. I barely have time to watch a movie once in a week, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Madeline- I know right? It's got that catchy-ness that keeps me listening, and singing, and humming... It's stuck in my brain!

    @Claire- I usually don't have that much time, but I seemed to make time for this movie. I'd put it on while I was folding clothes or something during nap time, or whenever I got the chance.

    :-) I appreciate the comments, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! And I love Tahereh's comment too! What a great perspective.

    ReplyDelete