Friday, September 16, 2011

Pre-weekend Update and Contest Entry

A couple things today, first up I want to send a HUGE thank you to Kimberly Montgomery for giving me my second blog award:


She's just sweet as sugar isn't she?


And second, as promised here is my entry for Janet Reid's title poem contest. I submitted it this morning. Although, I have a tendency to lend my books to people, and they seem to take much longer to read them then I did, so I was short about ten titles that I could have used, but oh well. What can you do?

:-)

As I've said, I'm not good with titles, so I named it Crashed.

Under the Blue Moon
The Last Song plays.
I am Forever bested,
by A Bend In The Road.
Matched step for step,
left pleading for Twilight,
I whisper "Hush Hush, my darling
I have only just Fallen."
If I Stay,
I shall Wake,
If I Linger,
I shall Fade.
And after the First Drop of Crimson,
I shall drift into the Shadowland.


And yes, I realize that the top two should have been switched. I'm not sure how I missed that...

Whoops.


I also have a new song stuck in my head:




Anyway, I'm off to the beach for the weekend! I'll think of you all as I watch my son pour sand down his swimming trunks. ;-)

Toodles for now my lovelies.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the poem. I know about the lending thing. That's why I stopped lending and started giving them away. :) Hope you had a great day with your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is very nice! Nice rhythm to it. Well done. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete