Thursday, September 15, 2011

Jane Eyre!

Holy spumoni my blogger friends! I LOVE LOVE LOVED this movie! Shamefully, as a Pride & Prejudice addict I have yet to get my hands (and my painfully short attention span) on the Bronte novels. I always intended to read them, I just never got around to it.

This movie has jumped at least Jane Eyre up into the highest levels of my to-be-read pile (and this is true even after I just spent almost $90 on titles like The Night Circus, Forgotten, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Maze Runner, and Hereafter.)

Mia Wasikowska was unbelievably amazing, pulling you into that off-kilter world of hers like it was truly her own.

Michael Fassbender was... holy crow. I can't even sum up the words for his awesomeness. I just can't.

If I hadn't just bought the movie, along with the reads mentioned above, I'd deprive Netfix of this copy until I was so tired of it I couldn't even think the name Mr. Rochester. (I'm talking weeks here people.)

If you haven't see it...

Do.

If you don't want to...

CHANGE YOUR MIND. You'll be sorry you didn't, it's CREEPTASTIC!

:-)

5 comments:

  1. I loved the book. It is one of my favorites. I love Pride and Prejudice, too. I have yet to see the movie but I want too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this movie in the mail today from Netflix. I'm really excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ladonna- I really wish I'd picked up Jane Eyre before this now. I'm sure you'll appreciate the movie more having already read the story too. :-)

    @Nicole- Don't you just love the goodies Netflix brings us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan, First of all: Thanks for this post recommending the movie. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it...but now I plan to see it. Secondly: I have really enjoyed your blog and I have awarded you The Irresistibly Sweet Award. If you jump to my blog you can pick you the picture of the award and see the happy things I've said about your blog.
    Happy blogging. --Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! You're so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete