Monday, April 18, 2011

Out of Hibernation!

Well, it feels like that anyway. I haven't been keeping up with anything as of late. My husband left for basic training for the US Air Force! (Go Travis!) And as soon as he left my world sort of flipped around, but I'm handling everything now, and can return to my daily internet stops, like my blog!

I haven't been writing lately. I'm not sure if this happens to other people a lot, but it's not really writers block, or my own personal definition of writers block. I'm almost obsessed about my story, but I can't bring myself to write it. I think it's a massive dose of low self esteem mixed with being generally stressed out. I feel like my writing has taken several giant leaps backwards, and I hate everything I put down.

I'm sure this has happened to other people, but for me, its been an ongoing thing for a few months now. I've tried lots of different things, from forcing myself to write, to not even touching the computer for weeks, and either way I didn't see a change. Although I found that outlining doesn't have the same wall. It's only affecting the way I write the story.

It's starting to be a problem, because when I have a story idea it demands to be written and its not happening right now. I'm losing sleep and when I do sleep, its not well.

Hopefully it will turn around, otherwise I think my mind will turn to mush.
Ever happen to you?

Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment