Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Recommendation!

Writing Magic by the author of Ella Enchanted (Gail Carson Levine) is a must read! Its so cute and helpful.

Some books are full of words like protagonist and prose and a million other words that maybe the average person turned wannabe writer wouldn't know. The people writing the books probably assume that anyone who wants to write knows these words, and lets face it, almost every house has a dictionary, but its nice to see a book that approaches writing in its simplest form.

There are these nifty little writing exercises at the end of each chapter that definitely get you in the right frame of mind, and the book is short enough for even the busiest wannabe writer.

What's my favorite part? I thought you'd never ask! She devotes an entire chapter on never ever deleting anything you write until at least 15 years have passed. I think that's important because even if you give up on a novel, it doesn't mean you'll never return to it, even if it takes 10 years. ;-)

I should probably say so far. That's my favorite part SO FAR. I'm only on the 6th chapter, but I'll bet my nonexistent life insurance policy that it only gets better from here!

Check it out from your local library and see what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment