Monday, August 2, 2010

Oh Sleep, How You Evade Me

Yet again, no matter how much my eyes sting, or my pillow calls to me, I can't sleep. My mind races, I think of scenes, and dialogue and hate- even for a brief moment- that I ever decided to be a writer.

That passes real soon. Like wishing your little sister didn't have a mouth so she would just shut up for five minutes. If her mouth really did fall right off her face, you'd be wracked with guilt.

I bought a pretty notebook today. It has a rather inspiring quote on the cover which goes nicely with its purpose.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars."

I bought it as a sort of archive for all my story ideas. I think its one of the reasons I'm having trouble sleeping. I have several novel ideas just swimming around in there waiting to be written. Vampires, werewolves, past lives, stalkers, elves, heartbreak, terror and its all occupying the same little chunk of space.

I'm surprised it doesn't give me a headache.

So to ease my mind a little, I bought the notebook and tonight began devoting page after page to story ideas as painfully detailed as I can manage in a 5x7 notebook without using up too many trees.

Off to check the blogs of my favorite literary agents and see what they had to say since I last checked them.

Its a good thing I write my best stuff when I'm tired, because it seems to be a constant state.

No comments:

Post a Comment