Monday, July 5, 2010

Books to Movies?

Hey there,


Went to see The Twilight Saga: Eclipse tonight with the cousins. Maybe its me (though I doubt it) but why does it seem like anytime a book is made into a movie its left lacking? Now, I'm not saying that a movie is ever better than the book version, because that's just impossible. Movies are limited by budgets, time and reality. In a book, you can write as many scenes as you want, you can get attached to them all and not worry about anything but finishing the story.

That being said, how is it possible to take a book with all the dialogue and description of scenes and people, and ignore it all? All you have to do is take things from the book! I blame it on two words. "Based on." You put those two words in front of the title of the book and you can get away with anything (including engagement rings that are supposed to be from the early 1900's looking like a cocktail ring from an 80's nightclub.)

So that's my rant for the day. Show me one movie, that's based off a book, with actors that fit the descriptions (that can actually ACT), scenes that go in order, and dialogue that comes from the actual book itself, and I'll do back flips in a chicken costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment